At JLR Essex, we can provide a full servicing for your Land Rover’s transmission, whether it’s for a manual gearbox or automatic.
The biggest enemy of an automatic transmission is the heat generated by the constant friction of clutch plates. Automatic gearbox oil that is changed at recommended intervals helps disperse heat better, helps lubricate clutch plates, and contains fresh detergents to keep the transmission clean and operating properly.
If the fluid is not changed at recommended intervals, over time, important additives oxidize and break down, reducing the ability of the fluid to lubricate and protect. This may cause acid, rust and sludge in the fluid, which is the leading cause of transmission failure.
Conventional transmission service leaves about 60% of the old gearbox fluid still in the system in the torque converter and oil cooler, which can cause the transmission to malfunction or even completely fail.
The torque converter connects the engine of a vehicle to the transmission, making the wheels turn. The torque converter is a doughnut-shaped liquid coupler, which has two main functions:
There are signs you can look out for to see if your transmission needs servicing. If you notice any of these signs, it could be worth getting in touch.
The automatic gearbox oil change cost can depend on a number of factors, such as:
Specialist and synthetic oils tend to be more expensive.
JLR Essex, however, can save you up to 60% on main dealer prices and offer a free MOT with every service.
Using our state-of-the-art BG PF5 system, we will Mega power flush your transmission. This involves thoroughly exchanging your old oil for new fully synthetic oil, using ATC plus soft shift formula conditioner, with torque converter and oil cooler.
Our premier Mega Flush service price starts from only £349.00 inc VAT.
Save 10% on your service by quoting code 130561.
• The latest Manufactures diagnostic equipment
• Fully trained technicians
• Two year or 24,000 miles guarantee on all works carried out
• For the larger unexpected bill, we can offer Payment Assist split the costs of the bill into 4 equal payments INTEREST FREE (subject to T&C)
– Free local collection service
– Free courtesy vehicle (subject to availability and T & C)
– Free MOT with every service
– All work carries a two year or 24,000 mile guarantee
– All work carried out to manufacturers schedules or above
– All service history maintained including digital service history
– We use Castrol fully synthetic engine oil as standard
Local Collection & Delivery within 15 miles.
Pay just 25% of your bill.
Spread the remaining cost over the next three months with Payment Assist.
For More Information , ask your dealership.
Save up to 40% off main dealer repairs and servicing, plus free MOT with every service